My sister text me this morning and sent me a picture of the calendar I made for her on her desk at work. Then I thought....I should make her a dress form calendar. I text her back and asked if she wanted one, and she said yes. I made this one a little different than the other ones I've made. I wanted to create it with a Polynesian outfit. My sister has been Polynesian dancing since high school and she's so awesome. I can never shake my hips the way she does. I really loved how it turned out. I made the calendar with just two of the dress form chipboards using the K & Company Flora & Fauna collection. The necklace was made with one of the shell necklaces I bought in Hawaii at the International Market and just took it apart and made a smaller version to fit the dress form. I only adhered the top of the necklace so the rest will still dangle. The bikini top was made with some lace trim and I added a pearl in the center. I want to make another one with grass skirt material and coconuts for the top. That would look so adorable. I then adhered the trim low from the waist so you can see the hips on the dress form. I placed the remaining pre-cut months of the calendar in the inside the pocket using my mini scallop card and envelope die. I had so much fun making this for my sister.I love her so much and she my BEST friend ever.
Front of Calendar

Inside the calendar

Back of Calendar
4 comments:
OMG Bona this is so cute...I like the idea of using two dress forms hehehe..that way I can make mine stretch further and I'll be able to hoard some :-) Your sister is going to love this..TFS..
this is beautiful!
Bona, this dress form calendar is soooooooo stinkin cute! I love here shell neklace and bikini top! You are so creative girl.......
Wow, I've never seen a Polynesian dress form before and you did an amazing job on it! I bet your sister loved it! TFS, Linda
Post a Comment