April 27, 2013

Lindy Stamp Gang's Birthday Blog Hop

Hi Everyone!

Today Lindy Stamp Gang is hosting a Birthday Blog Hop and celebrating Lindy's Birthday through May 4th. The hop begins at Lindy Stamp Gang's Blog and ends at Jo's Blog. There will be fun birthday presents hidden in the designers blog, therefore be sure to stop by everyone's blog and leave a comment.

I thought it would be fun to create a three tier cake with a mini album. I purchased a set of three boxes at my local Micheals to create my cake. Each box was first painted with Gesso and then painted over with Apple Barrel Antique Parchment acrylic paint. I adhered Prima Nature Garden design paper on top and stenciled each of the lids with Prima's stencils and Modeling Paste. I layered the top/bottom of the boxes with some beautiful Vintage laces and flat back pearls. The large Roses were sprayed with Salt Water Taffy, and the smaller roses with Whale Watch Blue. The leaves I sprayed with Sea Grass Green and the small flowers with Clam Bake Beige. I love the Swallowtail Butterfly brass charms and place one on each of the boxes which I painted Gesso to soften up the charm. I created a handmade flower for the top of the cake and added a Happy Birthday banner. Once all my cakes were completed, I sprayed Scintillating Silver on the entire cake and just love all the shimmer. A cake wouldn't be complete without a mini album inside. I create a fabric lace mini album and place it in the bottom box. I just love all the laces and handmade butterfly I added on the cover of the mini.

Thank you so much for stopping by and now it time to check out Kate's blog. Have fun hopping!

91 comments:

Scrappin Abby said...

Beautiful "cake" Bona..love all the details and layering. I can't wait for my Lindy's order to get here so I can play : )

Rose LaQuay said...

Beautiful cake and album! Thank you for sharing and for the chance to win!

Rhonda said...

what a great idea!! :o) thanks.

Lorianna said...

Stunning card!!
I LOVE the colors!!!
Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent with all of us!!
Your work is FABULOUS!!!
big hugs.........
Lorianna

Unknown said...

Oh such a pretty "cake".

Hugs from Lilli =)

Unknown said...

Very cool, would be a great project for a wedding gift box.

Patrice said...

Gorgeous birthday cake & mini! Love your style & I think Salt Water Taffy is one of my all time faves! Thanks for sharing a fabulous project!!

funkycrafter said...

This is beautiful. What a great gift.

AdeinAZ said...

My first time visiting your blog and glad I stopped by! I love the 3-tiered box/cake/album idea. Yours turned out so beautiful. Thank you for sharing and I'll look forward to viewing more of your LSG and other projects going forward!

Unknown said...

What an awesome project. Love love it. Keep up your wonderful creations.

Unknown said...

Beautiful project! Always love your shabby creations!

~KellyJosephine~ said...

The cake is beautiful, how creative! ~Kelly Walkelmol

Dena said...

What an amazing work of art and then you go and make an amazing album to go inside!!!!! Completely over the top gorgeous!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Arlene said...

I love this cake, Bon!! great idea! Love that you added the lace at the end. it added the perfect finishing touch! xoxo ❤

Hanna - Rebecca " TheMissHaven " said...

Aww , that's a totally adorable cake !! :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful project! I just love your projects! You are so creative! Love the mini!

Christine G. said...

Beautiful cake and love the mini.

marisa said...

love your cake.

Paula Calvanico said...

WUH-OW!!! This is just gorgeous :)

Paula

kassandra16 said...

LOVE this cake, so pretty!!

Celina said...

so pretty and lacey!

britgirl58 said...

What a wonderful birthday gift idea - very sweet. Love the pastel shades. TFS - Julie

REINE said...

What a beautiful surprise!

LaraeH said...

What a pretty 'cake'. What a cute idea and to put a mini album in the base. Why, of course!! TFS

Dawn Edwards said...

Beautiful cake and album!

jcinokc said...

Love your projects. They look amazing.

Unknown said...

Love it. Everything you mae is always so beautiful I just love all your creations

Ms Scrapmess said...

Loved the cake:) Nantucket pearl is my fav set and I loved how you used the colours - thank you for sharing your great ideas!

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Your cake is so soft and beautiful! I love how you made the mini with the beautiful butterfly to go inside, so creative!

Marci M said...

What a great idea, beautiful!

Denise Bryant said...

Very pretty cake! Love all that texture!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake, I love the lace mini album you have made. Your work definitely inspires me.xxxSara

Trish said...

Gorgeous cake! I love the butterfly shaped album, and all the lace. It's so beautiful.

Mary Jane W said...

So pretty and creative!

Geordie morgan said...

super cute project love the flowers tfs Hugs Geordie

famillemarleau said...

Those are so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

cyndie2010 said...

Bona, what an awesome cake you created. I just love, love your projects. You are a fantastic artist/designer. Really enjoy watching your YT videos. Your projects and tutorials are great. Thank you for all that you share with us. Hudson. Cyndie

Annie Rose said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! What a fantastic project. I love it :)

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Beautiful project. Loving the mixed media projects. I need to find my way to trying this.

Shanna Shands said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! I love how vintage it looks.

Jeanette said...

that cake is stunning.TFS.

kathi17 said...

Wow, this is really creative! I love the cake and the album!

Anonymous said...

Love this cake and album.....you always make such stunning projects! Salt Water Taffy has to be one of my go to and fav colors! Bona it is beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love, love, love it.

Erla Maria said...

Amazing project.

Anonymous said...

Bona - ah pinch me, that 3D tiered cake is amazing! I'd never have thought of something like that, it's fabulous.

bearcatnat said...

So pretty! What a great idea to form cake out of boxes. I have an obsession with boxes. X D

Shanta said...

Love the cake and fabric mini too! Beautiful!!

Tricia said...

So So Pretty, Love it!

Dimples said...

Great idea for a cake

stick said...

Darling project!!

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful idea. I would love to see even more close-up shots, but what I can see is really beautiful. Anyone that you would give this to would feel so special!

silvergran said...

A very luscious cake and mini!

Crafting Newbie said...

Wow! Love your cake box & fabric lace album.

Disco Queen said...

Inspirational idea! Thanks for sharing. Theresa x

scrappygal said...

Gorgeous cake!! Amazing work here!

melminor said...

Beautiful project!

Laurie said...

Now that's a birthday cake I'd love to receive.... no calories!! :)

Totally Twisted Cards said...

Hi Bona! Wow, your mini and cake box are sooooo elegant. I love it! Thanks for sharing.

stacy @ Totally Twisted Cards

Glenda said...

Very pretty cake and album. Love them

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful project. Neat idea.

Johnna said...

Gorgeous cake and so creative. Fantastic job!

Kelly Harms said...

Clever idea -- really think this a cute gift idea. Thanks for sharing.

Archana said...

Hello Bona,
Your cake looks so pretty. Love the colours and the way how you decorate it.
Thanks for the hop. Really enjoying it.
Hugs,
Archana

Rose Smith said...

Hi Bona! this is beautiful! and a great idea!

Karen said...

Too stinkin cute & I love the butterfly shaped mine as an added treat inside the cake. TFS

Unknown said...

Love this so much!! I love the butterfly and the mini and how you can put it in the bottom of the cake!!

Paperpretties said...

What a beautiful "cake", I love it! Thanks for sharing. :)

Sharon said...

The album was a great addition to your box cake Bona. It's beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love this - what a perfect wedding gift.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Buffy Burnside said...

This is absolutely Gorgeous!! I love the mini too haha I had to call my daughter to come over and check it out too....she thinks its beautiful!

PEA said...

Very pretty album and cake box for it. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,pea

Betsy said...

Stunning! You are so clever and talented.

grammypame said...

Wow Bona beautiful cake and mini!!!! You work is amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing and Happy B-day to Lindy!!!
Hugz
Pam Allen

AnnMarie said...

oh wow...that is beautiful

DaileyScrapper said...

Super great gift. I love your project. It's beautiful.
Yvette

TYJ419 said...

Beautiful cake and gorgeous mini!!

Anonymous said...

yummy!!! love the scintilating silver on my wish list

Jennifer S said...

WOW!! This is soooooooo beautiful!! Heirloom quality!! JUST WOW!

Unknown said...

Bona you do a beautiful job on anything you do. Hugs, Donalda

Debbie said...

Stunnig!!!

Amy Martin said...

Absolutely amazing.... Wow.. The details you did here are stunning.

HELLO KITTY LOVES STAMPING said...

girl you work is GORJUSS. I love everything you make.. your talent is endless. thank you for sharing

quilt4fun2 said...

What a clever idea! Your cake layers are so beautifully embellished and I bet the silver spray looks wonderful. The album is unusual made all laces and looks great with the butterfly you made!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sydney Neal said...

Beautiful cake and album!!! Love all the layers, and the lace!!! The lace adds such a delicate touch, so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your stunning project, and giving new inspiration!!!
Happy Birthday Lindy!!! :)

alcaraz valƩrie said...

I really love your work, it's really amazing and gorgeous !!! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Very nice idea! I love this! TFS ~ Pat (PatsTreasuresNCrafts on YT)

Janice said...

Wow, what a great project, love the colors and great ieda.

Mimi's Kreations said...

Super cute cake!!
Great project for a wonderful gift :)
Cecy