October 20, 2010

Textured Picture Frame of My Girls

I wanted a picture frame that I can add a picture of each of my girls and display it in my craft room. I purchased a plain black wooden frame, but wanted to add some texture to the frame. I first sprayed the entire frame with LindyStampGang's Moon Glow's Moon Shadow Mist in Tawny Turquoise. I poured Utee right on top of the Moon Shadow Mist then, I heat set it. I really love that you can see the Turquoise in the Utee. The flowers I purchased from iamroses.com and sprayed the center white Gardenia's with Moon Glow's Moon Shadow Mist in Smokey Sapphire. The Gardenia on the top right I sprayed more than once to achieve a darker look. I really loved how it turned out. It looks as though I used two different stains. Be sure to stop by LindyStampGang.com.




16 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

gorgeous frame, bona! your girls are beautiful! thanks for sharing and have a great rest of your week! love that you are crafting! *hugs* steph :)

RuthAnn W said...

Frame is just wonderful..love the techniques you used! Your girls..Oh My Goodness they are gorgeous..just like their Mom! Another wonderful project, Love Love Lindy's Stamp Gang products..so versatile..will be trying the Utee on top of the Mists..love it! RuthAnn

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Bona your frame is awesome but those pictures totally complete it.....your girls are beautiful!!!! Love the technique you did to the frame. Hugs, T

Karin said...

Thank you for sharing this technique Bona ... I will definitely be trying it out on my Halloween mini album :) Karin

...Tara... said...

The frame is just gorgeous and LOOOVE the flowers :)

Maria's Cards said...

Hi Bona, Have been following your blog for a while, Love this frame and the textures. Your girls are beautiful you must be so proud. TFS Maria

kraftylicious said...

oh its absolutley wonderful hun :)

Jo said...

love the UTEE textured look.

Tfriday said...

Love your frame, Bona. Looks so cool. Your daughters are gorgeous. TFS!! Hugs, Friday

Anonymous said...

Very cool technique. Thanks for sharing. Miss your videos. Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Love the technique. Thanks for sharing. Miss your videos. Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bona for sharing the neat texture frame. Like the songs on your site too
'Strawberry Fields forever'

May

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

very beautiful frame....your girls are beautiful.....TFS

602redroses said...

Beautiful frame!I love the flowers
TFS

onehappywon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
onehappywon said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this. What a beautiful picture frame. Thanks for sharing!

Jodi